VeroSource Solutions Inc. is an exciting and growing company. Our head office is in Fredericton, with people located in Ottawa, Halifax, and Prince Edward Island. Our vision is to empower people and unlock the potential in digital healthcare.
We are seeking a career minded, energetic candidate with excellent integrity to grow with us. Our preference will be to hire in the Fredericton area but will consider other options.
Development, maintenance and deployment including:
- Solid bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Hands on experience with using accounting software such as Simply Accounting, QuickBooks (QBO would be a bonus) AND a Payroll System.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Understands importance of ‘support’ role, part of the Team, contributes to success of organization
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of the position and workflow to meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize will be important.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting requirements (internally) and Statutory requirements as it relates to government filing/remittances for Payroll / HST / Corporate
- Strong knowledge of Employment Standards and reporting requirements for processing payroll, creating T4s and ROEs, etc.
- Experience administering Group Insurance Benefits and RRSP Programs
Accounts Payable: All aspects of Accounts Payable
- Set-up and maintain, Vendor files and database
- Processing Bills (Vendor and Employee Expenses) proper allocations through to payment
- Credit Card transactions (proper back-up, allocation)
- Payment processing through bank services
- Schedule of Capital Assets, update/maintain
Accounts Receivable: All aspects of Accounts Receivable
- Set-up and maintain, Client files and database
- Processing Invoices with proper ‘Client/Project allocations’
- Monitoring Receivables collections and follow-up with proper escalation where needed
- Monitor bank transactions (in/out) with ability to monitor Cash Flow
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank / credit card accounts
Payroll & Benefits, Human Resources
- Set-up and maintain all Employee files and confidentiality
- Bi-weekly Payroll processing through QBO and Wage Point, verification
- Vacation monitoring and reconciliation of accrued vs paid
- Group Insurance Program administration
- Group RRSP Program administration / filing / remittance
- Monthly filing / remittance for Payroll Source Deductions
- Prepare / issue Records of Employment, as required
- Prepare / issue T4/T4A for each calendar year
- Main contact for payroll issues/requirements (internally/externally)
- Set-up / maintain records for all Projects (Contracts)
- QBO Project set-up, monitoring, reporting as required
- Includes any special government funded programs (ex. ACOA) and required filings/reporting.
Month End Requirements
- Month end process (invoicing/payables/expenses, etc. processed)
- Bank / credit card reconciliations
- Journal Entry adjustments: may include – Deferred Revenue, Work In Progress, Capital Assets amortization, Pre-paid, Payroll adjustment
- Review of Balance Sheet
- Review of Profit/Loss Statement
- Preparation of Financial Reporting (internally / externally)
- HST filing / remittance:
- ITCs accurately reflected
- Sales tax accurately reflected
- Review, ensure accurate filings and reporting (awareness of deferred revenue, WIP, journal entries, etc. impacts)
Fiscal Year End Requirements
- Ensuring all Receivables / Payables are accurately allocated and included for fiscal year end
- All reconciliations completed
- Finalize all Journal Entry adjustments (Deferred Revenue, Work In Progress, Payroll, Amortization, Pre-paid, etc.)
- Review of all Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy
- Capital Assets – copies of supporting paperwork
- Prepare files / documentation as required for external accountants to proceed with year end filing
- Once year end filing is completed, retrieve ‘final financials’ to include adjusting entries, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Profit/Loss from external accountants and update QBO to match / close off year end
Calendar Year End Requirements
- Review payroll records/reports for accuracy to prepare T4 filings
- Preparation and electronic filing of T4 records
- Prepare T4As filings, as required
- Any other Revenue Canada requirements for filing
- Schedule of Capital Assets, update/maintain
QBO System Requirements
- Main System Administrator
- Maintain Chart of Accounts in good order
- Maintain Vendor database
- Maintain Client database
- Maintain Project database
- Maintain Employee database
- Maintain Bank feed / regular updates
- Escalate where required for support to QBO or Wage Point
- Set-up with Service Canada: Representative for ROE filings
- Set-up with Revenue Canada: Represent a client for access to all Revenue Canada accounts and retrieve electronic mail (Statements of accounts, etc.)
- Set-up with ACOA: as required, for project claim submissions, etc.
- Set-up with Bank for all banking requirements
- Ensure office (both physical and virtual) is running efficiently via various tasks
- Work with C-Suite to assist in day to day operation of company
- Basic HR administration
- Basic CRM administration
- As we are a small company it is expected that the successful candidate will need to wear many hats and contribute across the board.
CPA enrollment is not mandatory but will be a favourable consideration.
Please be prepared to supply references upon request.