DATA SCIENTIST / FULL-TIME
It’s an exciting time at VeroSource as we continue to grow and expand our footprint into the local digital health market and beyond. We are a progressive, fast-growing company led by a team of experienced Business and IT professionals that has gained a reputation for excellence. We enjoy challenging and rewarding work and the chance to collaborate with an amazing team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and promote a healthy work-life balance. Come join us and be part of the team!
Where you come in
As a Data Scientist, you will work within the Data Science team and with the Business Development and Solutions teams to develop and produce machine and deep learning models that enrich VeroSource and client applications with accurate data analysis, predictions, and recommendations.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business needs and develop solutions through machine learning or other advanced analytics
- Work with different members of the team to identify data requirements and help to develop and implement solutions
- Data cleaning and feature engineering on datasets to improve model performance
- Decipher and solve business problems by developing predictive models
- Analyze data and generate visualizations and reports on those analyses
- Conform to project requirements by reviewing program objectives; arrange requirements in computer programming language
- Develop process improvements and integrate new systems with existing frameworks
- Validate program operation by conducting QA testing
- Identify and escalate data issues to support continuous process improvements
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Python and / or R
- Fluency working with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow
- Experience with RDBMS and data modeling
- Knowledge of cloud service providers Machine Learning tools, such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Data visualizations skills using Tableau, Power BI or similar
Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience implementing machine learning models in production environments
- Experience with artificial intelligence
- REST API Development
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that candidates must be 30 years or younger to meet DS4Y program requirements.
Digital Skills for Youth
This position is funded by the Government of Canada under its Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today's digital economy. For more information about the DS4Y program in New Brunswick, please visit http://www.cybernb.ca/DS4Y.
Please contact us to discuss career opportunities with VeroSource.